The friendly game in which Catalonia beat the Reno All Stars by 13 to 8, was used to test new rules that according to Reno would increase the emotion and make the game of roller hockey more spectacular.
These are the rules that were tested:
- the two referees wore roller skates.
- the goals were bigger (ice hockey size)
- the antiplay line was at 20 metres (normally it is at 22m)
- there was no substitution when a player is excluded
- from the 5th foul of each team each foul was awarded with a direct free hit.
Well, according to the final result and to the opinions of some players after the game and despite the fact that it was a friendly game, it seems that the new rules worked quite well!